Need A Masculine Card Idea?
Ever find yourself in need of a masculine card idea? If so, here is one for you!
It's a mix of both supplies that are retiring and not retiring. You can view the full list of what is retiring here. Let's dive right in…
Here is the project I have for you today.
See how simple this card is, yet is has a ton of texture on it? And the best part is that you can create a bunch of these cards and then change out the sentiment on the inside of the card and make it more specific for the event. I promise I will share the inside of the card below.
Here is a list of the supplies used. The Wood Textures paper and the True Gentleman Buttons are both available while supplies last. The other supplies will stick around but some of them will be reconfigured. The two stamp sets will both retire the wood mount and clear mount options and will be in the next catalog in cling mount.
Here are the dimensions for the layers in this project:
- Early Espresso: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Wood Textures paper: 4″ x 5-1/4″; 3/4″ x 5-1/4″
- Whisper White card stock: 4″ x 5-1/4″; 1-3/4″ x 3-1/4″
- Always Artichoke: 1-3/4″ x 2-3/4″; 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″
To make this project, follow the steps below.
Front of the Card
- Stamp your sentiment in Early Espresso onto your smaller Whisper White card stock.
- Ink up your leaf stamp in Always Artichoke ink, stamp it off onto scratch paper, then stamp behind one side of your sentiment. Then repeat again for the other side of your card.
- Die cut out your sentiment layer with the Stitched Rectangles dies.
- Punch out label in Everyday Label Punch from larger piece of Always Artichoke. Cut in half, lengthwise and use each half to layer behind sentiment.
- Tie a double knot through button with linen thread.
- Assemble card front as shown.
Inside of the Card
- Attach your patterned paper strip as shown below onto your Whisper White panel.
- Stamp sentiment in Early Espresso ink leaving room for your leaf.
- Punch out leaf in remaining piece of Always Artichoke card stock.
- Assemble as shown.
Be sure to order your Wood Textures paper and your coordinating True Gentleman Buttons before they are all sold out. They are the perfect supplies for most any masculine card idea. Also dig through your stash and see what stamps you need to complete your cards.
Since I don't make a ton of masculine cards, I prefer to go with more versatile sets that can be used for both masculine and feminine cards, like Rooted in Nature and Itty Bitty Greetings.
Pin It For Later
Wanna save this masculine card idea for later while your supplies are shipping? Here is a graphic that is perfect for your I Teach Stamping with Meg Pinterest Board 🙂
Come Back Real Soon
Thanks for stopping by for this masculine card idea! I have about 20 more cards in the works to share with you in the next few weeks, I don't want you to miss a single one. So keep coming back and stay up to date.
Be sure to leave a comment so I know you were here – I don't want to miss knowing you stopped by 🙂 Hugs, Meg
This is perfect! Love it? TFS
Great card, and perfect for Father’s Day! You make such nice masculine cards!