Quick Card Making Idea with Fun Accents
I love it when a card comes together, as this one here did. It started with one single piece of inspiration and then took off from there.
It started with this to-die-for patterned paper that is part of a SAB bundle. It's a paper and stamp set bundle that you can get with a $100 order. So about $30 in free products with your $100 order, which is a great deal. Key to remember is that SAB ends Feb 28, 2021, so no time to delay!
Here is the paper and stamp set:
It is meant to coordinate with this bundle, but note that at the time I am writing this, this bundle can't be ordered until March 2021.
So before we dive into the card and how it came to be, let me share the list of supplies with you.
To make this card, you will need the following supplies. Remember that Sale-a-Bration items can't be purchased, they are gift with purchase items, but I listed them below to make it easier for you. Please be sure to use the host code below and make sure that my name (Megan Daves) stays on your order page. XOXO!!
Like Free Tutorials?
Click here to place your order with me and receive a bundle of six tutorials as a special thank you from me.
Current Host Code: BVH43XA2
For orders over $150 placed through my store, don't use the hostess code, you will still get your free tutorials from me.
So as I said above, this card started with one item, it was the patterned paper. This delightful red and white hand drawn gingham is just plain yummy and one of my favorites from this paper pack. With this card layout, and since you get two 12″ x 12″ pieces in the paper pack, you can make 12 of these cards.
- When I saw this paper it instantly made me think of a picnic. What goes better with a picnic than flowers? Okay, what goes better with a picnic other than wine and cheese? Flowers, right? I love the Daisy punch and have gotten way more use out of it than I ever thought I would.
- Slide your punch down from the top edge of your patterned paper and punch. Add a square of white card stock behind it and use the fine tip of your Basic Black marker to add dots around the inside of the daisy.
- To break up the straight lines of the patterned paper, adding a strip of white that has the curved edge with the die cut out dots is the perfect way to do that. This edge die is worth the price of the entire die set.
- After you die cut the strip, stamp your sentiment and add it along the bottom edge of your patterned paper.
- Add all of these layers onto a piece of black card stock.
- Wrap a piece of black and white baker's twine around it with your tails secured to the back side of your black card stock.
- Tie a double loop bow (hint: the 10 Second Bow Maker is ideal for these types of bows) and add it to your card layer.
- Secure all of your stamped, die cut, punched, and tied bow onto a Whisper White card base.
Just like that, you are all done with this cutie patootie handmade card.
- Basic White: 4-1/4″ x 11″; 3″ x 3″, 3-7/8″ x 2″
- Basic Black: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Patterend Paper: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
I love creating for you and I love it when you order your supplies through me. Not only does it provide income for our family, it keeps this blog going and the ideas to share with you flowing! Keep checking back for more papercrafting ideas! XOXO, Meg