Making a Handmade Motivational Card
Today we are making a handmade motivational card. There is a new stamp set in the latest annual Stampin Up catalog that I am in love with, it's called Back on Your Feet. It's an adorable set that falls into the “thinking of you” category, with sentiments that hit the nail on the head when you want to say more than thinking of you.
Look at this adorable set:
When I saw this one, I knew it had to make it up onto my stamp shelf 🙂 Let me share the first project I made with this, it's easy for you to duplicate. All the info is below.
Look how cute this giraffe is and there were several sentiments from the set that I could have used, they would all work.
Ready to make this handmade motivational card? Let me show you how. We will start with the supplies, then the dimensions, then the step by step instructions that have a new tip for your embossing folder.
Here is the list of supplies I used to create this project. To order any of these supplies, simply click on an image below.
- Whisper White: 4″ x 5-1/4″; 2-1/2″ x 3-3/4″; 3/4″ x 1-5/8″
- Mango Melody: 2-3/4″ x 4″
- Granny Apple Green: 4-1/4″ x 11″; 7/8″ x 1-3/4″
- Soft Suede: 7/8″ x 1″
Step By Step Instructions
- Stamp your giraffe in Tuxedo Black ink onto your Whisper White card stock.
- Color in your giraffe and the grass below his feet using your Stampin Blends. Layer onto Mango Melody card stock.
- Stamp your sentiment in Mango Melody ink onto Whisper White card stock, layer onto Granny Apple Green card stock.
- Dry emboss using the new Brick & Morter embossing folder. This is a new style of folder from Stampin Up and it requires a special plate to work well with your Big Shot. It is included in the supplies above. HOWEVER, if you have the original Sizzix Impressions Pad (or if you have the now retired Embossing Mats it is the hard plate that came in that set) you can use that and it works great!
- Attach your dry embossed piece to your Granny Apple Green card base.
- Add your giraffe layer.
- Punch a strip of Soft Suede card stock using the Decorative Ribbon Border Punch and attach it under the sentiment layers. Secure all of this to your card.
- Add a strip of washi tape to the top of the sentiment to complete the card.
Ta-Da! You are done!
Not only is coloring relaxing for you as you make this, but hopefully it also brings a smile to the person you send it to.
Now it's your turn! Order your supplies and pencil in creative time on your calendar to make these cards and send joy through the mail! Pin this image to your I Teach Stamping with Meg board to easily find it later 🙂
Making a handmade motivational card can brighten both your day and the card recipients, I hope you try it soon. Thank you for joining me today, be sure to keep checking back for more card making ideas and inspiration! See you soon! XOXO, Meg