Two Step Stamping with Incredible Like You from Stampin Up
Incredible Like You from Stampin Up is designed to be a two step stamping set. And two step stamping is like magic, every time! It's where you use two (or more) images to create one – it has the layers built into each image to create depth and texture.
You can use different ink colors or you can use the same color, as I did for today's project.
Here is our project today. I love all the layers and textures – below is a list of supplies and step by step instruction on how to create this card.
From the dry embossing, to the patterned paper, the two step stamping and the stamped sentiments, it's very easy to make this project and I am excited to share with you how to do it.
To begin, let's go over the supplies you will need.
The patterned paper is part of Sale-a-Bration which ends in just a week, so be sure to grab it while you still can. (It's one of the items you can choose for free with a $50 order.) To order any of these supplies simply click on an image below.
- Whisper White: 4-1/4″ x 11″; 4″ x 5-1/4″; 2″ x 3-1/2″; 1/2″ x 2″
- Botanical Butterfly: 2-7/8″ x 4-1/4″
- Smoky Slate: 1-3/4″ Circle
- Dry emboss your Whisper White (4″ x 5-1/4″) using your Subtle Embossing Folder and attach it to your Whisper White card base.
- Ink up the background of your flower in Daffodil Delight ink. Stamp off (meaning stamp first on your scratch paper) and then stamp on your Whisper White 2″ x 3-1/2″ piece. Ink up your top layer flower using Daffodil Delight ink and stamp on top. (To learn more about Two Step Stamping, click here.)
- Ink up the background of your stem in Granny Apple Green ink, stamp off and then stamp below your flower. Ink up your top layer in Granny Apple Green ink and stamp on top.
- Using your Stitched Rectangles dies, die cut your flower and also your Botanical Butterfly patterned paper (**KEEP your “frame” that is left when you die cut your patterned paper, we will be using that in our next card.)
- Stamp your sentiment in Granny Apple Green onto your Whisper White 1/2″ strip. Adhere across your Smoky Slate circle and trim off the excess.
- Attach your top layers together as shown, add your ribbon swag behind and attach to your card base.
This is such a great color combination – you won't regret having this patterned paper in your stash, there is nothing like it. I personally stocked up on a couple packages. The paper is free with a $50 order, it's this time of year that I stock up on white card stock, envelopes, dimensionals, glue dots – the things I always use since it counts towards free stuff!
Incredible Like You from Stampin Up is a stamp set that I have used so many times since it came out in January. I love the sentiments and the flowers, it's a great stamp set for any level of stamper 🙂
Pin It For Later
Here is an image for your I Teach Stamping with Meg Pinterest Board. Pin it so you can come back to it after your supplies arrive.
See You Soon
Remember to come back and see what we are doing with the frame of our left over patterned paper. And I hope that you are inspired to create using the Incredible Like You from Stampin Up like I have been! See you soon! Hugs, Meg