Crazy Simple Handmade Card You Can Make
Ever need a card in a hurry, but worry that it might not “be enough”?
Let me show you the one background stamp that I think every stamper needs in her stash right now. It is the Buffalo Check background stamp. Let me show you what it looks like:
Not only is it 100% on trend right now, it's adorable AND it's the perfect size.
It's the perfect size because you can use it to cover your entire card panel or you use it on a smaller piece of card stock or you can use it on just part of your card panel. That last one is exactly what I did for the card below.
Don't feel as though you can only create this card in black and white, you can make this card with any color.
Down below there is a list of exact supplies, but here is a list of what you would overall:
- One Sentiment Stamp
- One Black Ink Pad
- One Ribbon
- One Button Brad
- One Sheet of Whisper White
- And of course… the Buffalo Check Background Stamp
Step By Step Instructions
- Cut your Whisper White card stock in half to be 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score one cut piece at 5-1/2″. This will be your card base.
- Cut your second piece of Whisper White down to 4″ x 5-1/4″ to create the panel you will do all your stamping on.
- Ink up bottom half of Buffalo Check stamp and then stamp it across the bottom two inches of your 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White.
- Stamp your sentiment in black ink about 3/4″ above your Buffalo Check stamped image.
- Wrap a piece of ribbon around this panel, securing one end to the back side using a glue dot.
- Tie a bow in the same ribbon.
- Pierce a hole where you will want the center of your bow to be through your card panel through your ribbon.
- Open up the prongs of your button brad, put your bow knot into your brad, pinch your wrapped piece of ribbon into your brad and close your brad. Slide your brad prongs through your pierced hole and open prongs on the back side of your card stock.
- Secure the other end of your ribbon with a glue dot to the back of your panel.
- Attach the entire panel to your card base.
Exact Supply List
To order any of these supplies, simply click on an image below to start the process. You won't regret having the Buffalo Check stamp set in your collection 🙂
Pin It For Later
Want to keep this project idea on a stamping board? Here is a perfectly sized image ready to go for you:
Thank you so much for joining me today! Creating cards is fun – and it can be even more fun when you get to create with a stamp that is so on trendy, but is a pretty trend 🙂 Be sure to keep checking back often for new card making ideas!