Peek-a-Boo Halloween Treat Box
I love decorating candy in creative packaging, and I have been so excited to share this Peek-a-Boo Halloween Treat Box with you!
Before we dive into how to make it, let's talk about what you will need.
This project features the Takeout Thinlits from the 2018 Holiday Catalog from Stampin Up. Don't think that this is just for Christmas or Halloween, it's such a versatile set you can use all year. You can get it with a coordinating stamp set or use it on its own, completely up to you.
Let's take a look at the bundle:
See how the coordinating stamp set is so versatile for year round? You can also use the stamp set for cards, not just to create Takeout boxes.
Completed, these Takeout Treat Boxes are about 2″ tall and 1-1/2″ wide. Perfect for holding some candy, but not an overload.
For today's project, you will only need the dies. In the supply list below it lists both the bundle and the Thinlits separately.
Here is our project that we will be making today:
See how you can see through to the candy? That's what makes it a Peek-a-Boo Halloween Treat Box! It's a simple little change to this box, let me walk you through the steps…
Step By Step Instructions
- Cut a piece of card stock in half to be 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″.
- Die cut two of the frames from the Takeout Thinlits. You should be able to die cut both frames from your piece of card stock.
- Die cut out the middles of your Takeout frames using the smaller sized die the comes in that set.
- Cut two pieces of window sheet that are just larger that the die you just used to cut out the frame.
- Attach window sheets to the inside of your frames.
- Fold frames on all score lines and assemble your Takeout box.
- Fill box with candy.
- Wrap a belly band of 1/2″ Pumpkin Pie around your box and secure to itself for easy removal.
- Tie a bow using Black Glitter Ribbon. If you struggle at all with tying bows, be sure to order a 10 Second Bow Maker here. Attach bow to belly band.
- Die cut witch from Toil & Trouble paper using the Cauldron framelits.
- Stamp your sentiment in Pumpkin Pie ink onto Whisper White card stock, then punch with Classic Label Punch.
- Secure witch and sentiment to your Takeout treat box!
How Long Does It Take to Make?
Great question! There are a lot of steps, but it doesn't take long to make these at all. I made several of them in less than 15 minutes each, especially if you do the steps in batches (ie do all your die cutting at one time, all your stamping and punching at one time, etc.)
Want to create this fun project? Below is a list of supplies you will need to create it on your own. You will notice that many of the projects I am featuring on my blog this Halloween season use these same products over and over again helping you get many ideas and therefore more for your $$. Simply click on a picture to below to order.
Pin It For Later
Like this project and want to keep it? Here is a graphic sized perfectly for your Pinterest Boards.
Thank you so much for joining me for today's project featuring a Peek-a-Boo Halloween Treat Box! I hope it inspires you to create this holiday season. If you are not a Halloween'er, remember you can change out any part of this project and make it work for other occasions.
Want to see another Halloween project featuring the Toil & Trouble paper and Cauldron Framelits? Check it out here. And if you are looking for a Halloween card, don't miss this one here.