Using a Daisy Punch on Handmade Card
Today we are using a daisy punch on a handmade card. I am a big lover of daisies, so last year when Stampin Up released the Daisy Punch, I grabbed it immediately. Now this summer they released a smaller version of it, the Medium Daisy Punch – again, I had to have it 🙂
I love the original punch and use it all the time, but sometimes it was just too big. Having this smaller size to choose from is perfect!
Let me share the project you will see how to make today.
This card is so pretty, I love the colors! This card base color is one of the new In Colors, Rococo Rose. This color so reminds me of my grandmother. She loved this color, she loved all pinks, but I clearly remember a sweater she wore often that was this exact color. So while making this card, I got to spend a lot of time with my memories of her.
Take a look at this card:
If you like it and want to learn how to make it, keep on reading, all the supplies and step by step instruction are shared below.
The New Bundle
This is the new stamp set and punch bundle released this summer called Daisy Lane. When new items are released as a bundle, it is available as a bundle for one year. If it sticks around for another catalog, bundle pricing goes away and the items are available individually.
Here is the Daisy Lane Bundle that includes the Daisy Lane stamp set and Medium Daisy Punch:
So pretty and versatile, right? I love how the words Friend and Smile are just the right size.
Here is a list of all the supplies used to create this card. I have listed the bundle and the bundle items individually. To order any of these supplies, click on a picture below.
Step By Step Instructions
- Start by punching out two leaves in Pear Pizzazz card stock.
- Dry emboss both leaves and a Rococo Rose piece (4″ x 5-1/4″) using the Subtle Embossing Folder.
- Attach Rococo Rose dry embossed piece to your Rococo Rose card base (4-1/4″ x 11).
- Stamp two daisies in Rococo Rose ink onto Whisper White card stock and punch out with Medium Daisy Punch.
- Die cut label from Whisper White card stock and stamp Friend in the lower right corner in Pear Pizzazz ink.
- Add burlap ribbon as shown behind label and attach to card using Dimensionals.
- Curl edges of daisies and attach together. Adhere your leaves behind your flowers.
- Add a Frosted element to the middle of the flower and add it to your card.
Want to make this card and keep this project handy? Simply pin it to your I Teach Stamping board on Pinterest so you can easily find it again.
Thank you so much for joining me for this idea using a Daisy Punch on handmade card. I hope it inspires you to create! Be sure to keep checking back here for my card making ideas. See you soon! XOXO, Meg
Beautiful card! I love that new Rococo Rose color, and embossing the leaves is a great look!