Paper: Very Vanilla CS, Garden Green CS, Chocolate Chip CS, Woodland Walk DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic Ink
Accessories: Snail, Sticky Strip, 1/2 Circle Punch, 1 1/4 Circle Punch, Garden Green Button, Paper Snips, 1 3/8 Oval Punch, 1 3/4 Oval Punch, Mini Glue Dots, Sticky Pages, round file from the distressing kit.
Scoring and Quantities:
Very Vanillia CS: (1) 4 x 8 – Score at 4, Scraps for (5) 1/2 circles and (3) Large Oval Punches (1) 4 1/4 x 3 Score at 1 1/2 on the 3 inch side, Scraps for (5) 1/2 circles
Garden Green CS: (3) Large Oval Punches
Chocolate Chip CS: (3) Large Oval Punches
Woodland Walk DSP: flower paper (1) 3 3/4 x 3 3/4, polka dots (2) 1 1/4 x 4
Assembly Directions :
PLEASE NOTE: At ANY time during this tutorial, if you cannot see the photo you may click the image to see a larger view.
1. Make sure that all your paper is cut and scored as indicated above.
2. Fold your 8 x 4 1/4 Very Vanilla CS in half
4. Adhere the Woodland Walk flower DSP on what is the front of your card covering the magnet.
5. fold the 3 x 4 1/4 Very Vanilla CS in half at the 1 1/2 score line
6. Place the 1 1/4 x 4 Woodland Walk polka dotted DSP on the front of the now folded 3 x 4 1/4 Very Vanilla CS and set aside for just a moment.
7. On the back side of the 4 x 8 Very Vanilla CS that is folded in half, Place 2 strips of sticky strip at the very top.
8. Remove the red protective film from the sticky strip
9. Place the 4 x 8 Very Vanilla CS up half way on the inner backside of the 3 x 4 1/4 Very Vanilla CS
10. Place the other side of the thin magnet sticky side up on the front of the invite. It should just attract itself to the side that is already under the paper so that you can line them up easy.
11. close the front flap to the card and adhere the thin magnet to the front flap. Set Aside
13. Punch out 1 Garden Green 1 1/4 circle
14. Cut a small scrap of Sticky page sheet that will fit your 1 1/4 circle and take off the white backing.
15. Lay the 1 1/4 circle on the sticky page, and cut around the circle
16. Take off the red protective film from the sticky page
17. Lay your 1/2 circles in an alternating pattern of Very Vanilla , Chocolate Chip on the 1 1/4 circle. Only leave a small bit of the 1/2 circle laying off the 1 1/4 circle
18. Thread a thin piece of Woodland Walk DSP into the Garden Green button and tie it in place gently.
19. Using your round file from the distressing kit or something as thin and round – roll the ends of the Woodland Walk DSP around and curl it as you would when making ringlets in hair.
20. Place the button in the middle of the 1/2 circles and adhere it to the center of the sticky page.
21. Place a small piece of sticky strip on the back of the flower button
22. Remove the red protective flim from the sticky strip
23. Place the button flower on the front of your card about half way down on the lid.
24. To make the Faux Bow – Punch out an oval from the chocolate chip CS using the 1 3/8” punch. do this 3 times with chocolate chip and space them apart by at least 1 1/2 inches on the same paper if you want. then do it 3 times with garden green CS
25. Then using the 1 ¾” punch line this up evenly around the 1 3/8″ oval cut out so you just get the small oval ring and punch it out. You want to do this 3 times with the Chocolate chip CS and 3 times with the Garden Green CS
26. Place snail on the other 1 1/4 x 4 piece of dotted Woodland Walk DSP
27. Put the garden green CS ovals down first and then place the chocolate chip ovals down. Place them all at an angle that will make you think of a bow on the top of a gift.
28. Place the Woodland Walk DSP onto the back side of the invite lid. I found it easiest if I opened the front flap first and then adhered it so that I didn't have the bump of the button flower.
29. decorate the inside anyway that you so desire. I did mine with a layering of 3 3/4 x 3 3/4 Garden Green CS, 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 Woodland Walk DSP, 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 Very Vanilla CS. I used Curley Cute stamp set “Thinking of you” in Chocolate Chip. Then I placed a gift card with 2 mini glue dots.
CONGRATS! You are all done with your Invite! or card…
If you want to make it into a birthday invite, or just a birthday card that is easy as well! follow all the directions above. and decorate anyway you want to.
I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial. If you have any questions please feel free to email me