Making A Simple Handmade Birthday Card
Today we are making a simple handmade birthday card – seriously simple, yet still super cute!
This is one of those cards that you can literally make in less than 5 minutes. Don't believe me? Try it!
- Start with a piece of Watermelon Wonder card stock (8-1/2″ x 11″). Score at 5-1/2″ along the 11″ side. THEN cut at 4-1/4″. One score, one cut = two card bases.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White to 4″ x 4″ (simple math to cut!) at attach to the top edge of your card front. Be sure to leave 1/8″ on the left, top, and right hand side.
- Cut a piece of Color Me Irresistible paper 4″ x 2″ and attach to bottom edge of your card front. Be sure to leave 1/8″ on the left, bottom, and right hand side.
- Cut your Cherry On Top paper to 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ and attach to your card front as shown.
- Slide a 3/4″ x 4″ piece of Whisper White into your Triple Banner Punch and punch.
- Stamp your sentiment in Watermelon Wonder ink onto this strip and attach to your card front. (Sentiment comes from a Paper Pumpkin kit.)
- Stamp your birthday cake in Bermuda Bay.
- Punch it out with the 1-1/4″ Circle Punch.
- Grab scraps: You will want a 1-3/8″ Cucumber Crush circle and a 1-3/4″ Watermelon Wonder Scallop Circle. GOTTA LOVE PUNCHES!
- Layer all that circle goodness together and add it to your card with a dimensional and you are done!
In 10 steps, you have a simple handmade birthday card to send out. Change the colors, change the paper, change the sentiment and you have a very versatile card layout!
Want to make it the same? Here are the supplies I used to create this card. Simply click on the pictures to add supplies to your shopping bag.
Thanks so much for joining me today where we are making a simple handmade birthday card! See you tomorrow in the new weekly deals!