Easy Handmade Cards for Friends
Today we are making easy handmade cards for friends. This sweet card uses just a wee bit of stamping, some die cutting and a stunning embossing folder.
Let me show you the main products we will be using to make our adorable card. (The entire product list is below.)
It's the Well Said Bundle, the Tufted Embossing Folder and the Pocket stamp set and framelits:
The Well Said bundle is one of my favorites from the 2019 Occasions catalog. This amazing bundle has words and sentiments in the stamp set, and then word dies as well as some beautiful floral dies.
When we pair this bundle with the Pocket stamp set and dies, you can make so many cards, not just this one.
Here is what we will be making today. I love the color combination of this project with the Balmy Blue, Pear Pizzazz and Blushing Bride.
This card is so simple to make, and it doesn't take a lot of card stock. Here is what you will need to make this card:
- Whisper White: 4″ x 5-1/4″ (2); 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″
- Pear Pizzazz: 2″ x 4″; 3/8″ x 4″
- Blushing Bride: 4-1/4″ x 11″; 1″ x 3″
Step By Step Instruction
- Begin by dry embossing one piece of Whisper White (4″ x 5-1/4″) using the Tufted Embossing Folder. Attach to the front of your Blushing Bride card base.
- Attach your adhesive sheets to your big piece of Pear Pizzazz card stock and your Blushing Bride 1″ x 3″ piece before die cutting.
- Die cut your leaves and stems die from your Pear Pizzazz card stock.
- Die cut two butterflies and a heart from Blushing Bride card stock.
- Stamp your pocket and the top stitching in Balmy Blue on your Whisper White square.
- Stamp your word “friend” in Pear Pizzazz ink under stitching on the right hand side.
- Die cut your pocket using your Pocket Framelits, and fold in on all score lines.
- Peel off your adhesive backing from your leaves and stem piece and attach to your card front.
- Attach your pocket on the card front.
- Peel off your adhesive backing from one butterfly and attach as shown.
- Peel off the backing from your pink heart and attach next to the stamped word friend.
- For the inside of your card, secure remaining Whisper White.
- Add your strip of Pear Pizzazz to bottom section.
- Finish by securing your other butterfly as shown below.
And here is the inside:
Well, what do you think? Can you picture someone who this card would be perfect for? Can you see her face as she opens the envelope and pulls this card out? What's her reaction? If it's good one, then this is a card you have to make for her.
And don't stop with just her, this is such an easy handmade cards for friends, not just for one friend 🙂
Here is the entire list of supplies you will need to make these cards. To order any of these supplies, simply click on an image below. Remember that all orders count towards free Sale-a-Bration items. With every $50 of merchandise, you can pick out free goodies.
Pin It For Later
If you like this project and want to easily find it again, here is a graphic perfect for Pinterest.
Thank you so much for joining me for this project idea. I hope that you are inspired to create more after seeing this one. Whether you are making easy handmade cards for friends or birthday cards for your nephews, all that matter is that you make more this year!
What a cute way to use the pocket stamp and die. Thanks for the great idea!!
Such a sweet card. Love your designs!
Really cute card! I can also picture this with an actual pocket off an old pair of jeans.