Do you have a die cutting embossing machine?
Yes? Are you as in love with yours as I am with mine?
NO?!?! Well I am SO sorry you are missing out on so much!
I can’t craft without my die cutting embossing machine and the one I use is actually one of the very best on the market. It’s the Sizzix Big Shot by Stampin’ Up! and it is nothing short of amazing! Here are the things that make this machine a standout:
- It die cuts AND embosses without having to change anything on the machine – the only difference is changing the “sandwich” of platforms.
- It is the universal acceptor of all non-digital dies and embossing elements meaning you can use all manufacturer’s items in this machine.
- It is not powered by anything other than your turning the crank (and if it’s too hard to do that means your sandwich is wrong); many of the electric powered machines have experienced terminal failures and have had to be scrapped (thrown away, not put in a scrapbook). Plus you can use it when the power goes out!
- When you purchase the Big Shot by Stampin’ Up! through me you get a three year warranty and support through me or Stampin’ Up! for any questions
- Stampin’ Up! carries all the platforms you need AND has the “sandwich” recipes on each page of the coordinating dies and folders so you never have to guess what you need.
Let’s take a look at a project where I used my die cutting embossing machine for both die cuts and embossing:
I love this card! The rough hews wood background makes it manly enough but the pink and the sentiment soften it enough so I can use it for a guy or a girl without changing it up. The heart and the greeting were cut with thinlits dies and the strip of stars was done with the embossing folder. Here’s another look at a different angle:
See how those stars really stand out? And layering the white greeting over the heart makes it float, an effect I exaggerated by adding Stampin’ Dimensionals under the heart. One crank for the heart and greeting on my Magnetic Platform and one crank with the embossing folder and I had parts for a card ready to go in just a couple of minutes.
And I want to show off that GORGEOUS background paper – Stampin’ Up! has done it again with photographic images of beautiful, rich wood textures printed on our lovely weight of designer paper. Like the retired Serene Scenery pack, this paper is going to be a go to favorite of mine for lots of projects. Here’s a shot I got where you can see it really well:
I LOVE it! Here are the other Stampin’ Up! products I used to make this card:
Here’s one last peek at this project:
If you ever have any questions about a die cutting embossing machine, please feel free to reach out and in the meantime I highly recommend you take a good look at the Sizzix Big Shot by Stampin’ Up!