Want an Easy Hand Made Card Idea for a Friend?
Do you need to send a card to a friend, but find yourself a little short on time? Is time stopping you from sending out cards and making you feel like a total failure as a friend here lately?
If you find yourself short on time and needing a card idea, this one is for you! This one doesn't look at all like a five minute card – but let me let you in on a secret…
It's all in the dies and dry embossing!
Yep, they took on the brunt of the “work” on this card:
- Measurements are simple
- Supplies are few
- Time is minimal
Making it a win in my book.
Let's break it down by starting with the measurements:
- Soft Sky: 4-1/4″ x 11″; 2″ x 4-3/4″
- Whisper White: 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ (2); 3″ x 3″ (for stamping)
- Rose Red: 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″
- Smoky Slate: 2″ x 3-3/4″
That's it. Seriously – that is it. So grab those four colors and your paper trimmer and get them cut – loud and upbeat music will help you do it faster!
Then do the supplies dash… Ready?
- Big Shot
- 2 Embossing Folders (I used the Square Lattice and Perfect Polka Dots)
- Die (or you can just use notebook paper)
- Punch for sentiment (I used the Decorative Label)
- Rose Red and Soft Sky ink
Here is the card and below are the step by step instructions for you:
To make this card:
1. Cut all your card stock to measurements listed above.
2. Dry emboss your card stock pieces.
3. Die cut your other layer.
4. Put all these dry embossed pieces on your white card stock (4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″) – then put the entire layer on your card front.
5. Stamp that ridiculously cute phone once on your 3″ x 3″ square in the Rose Red ink and then also in the middle on the lower edge of the remaining Whisper White (4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″). Clean it and stamp again on the inside in your Soft Sky ink on either side of the Rose Red phone.
6. Stamp your sentiment in Soft Sky ink on remaining section of 3″ x 3″ white and punch out with what ever punch you choose for your sentiment.
7. Use dimensionals to attach your sentiment and phone. Finish by attaching your white card stock to the inside of your card.
The only part that might slow you down is cutting out the phone, but that is what Dr. Pepper is for. Drink a big can of Dr. Pepper and go to town, don't cut your fingers though!
(I added this picture to help you see all that yummy texture and dimension.)
Exact supplies used:
Stamps: phone4you (The Stamps of Life); Ink: Rose Red and Soft Sky (Stampin' Up!); Card Stock: Rose Red, Soft Sky, Smoky Slate and Whisper White (Stampin' Up!); Accessories: Big Shot (Stampin' Up!), Square Lattice Embossing Folder (Stampin' Up!), Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (Stampin' Up!), Spiral Notebook Page Die (Papertrey Ink), Decorative Label Punch (Stampin' Up!)
Here is my challenge to you: Find five minutes, maybe you don't do the dry embossing, or the die, leave out whatever you need to – BUT, find five minutes and drop some love in the mail to a friend today. Who needs a pick me up, a hug in an envelope? Do it – you won't regret it!
Are you a Stamping Family member? If so, snap a shot of your picture and upload for everyone to see in the site. Not a family member? Join us today! There is always something going on in there!