Sweet Strawberries to Make a Handmade Card
Warning – the card is super sweet!! It's bright, fun, cheerful, and screams of springtime! As we just went through horrible winter weather with no power/heat/water for four days, I am more than ready for springtime!
I love, love, love the Sweet Strawberry bundle that I am using. At the time I am writing this, it's not available – BUT… I do have a plan for you, so stick with me.
Did you leave?
Yay – you are still here!!
Let's get to it then. First, lemme share the card with you:
What really makes this card pop are three elements:
- The patterned paper.
- The whimsical stitching around the panels.
- The adorable strawberries.
So with that in mind, let me share with you the list of supplies I used.
As I said above, at the time that I am writing this up, the Sweet Strawberry Bundle won't be available for about another week is the estimation. HOWEVER, the paper is only available as a gift with purchase selection until Feb 28, 2021. So as promised, here is the plan.
Get the Stitched Whimsy Dies dies now, along with staple items you need. During SAB is when it's best to stock up on things you need throughout the year as it earns you free products. Think about Refill Blades for your Paper Trimmer, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Envelopes, Liquid Glue, try out the new Basic White card stock – any of these things. And if you are a dog lover, keep in mind that the Stitched With Whimsy dies come in a bundle with an adorable weenie dog stamp set. I have listed them separately below to make it easy for you to see.
Then, in March or April, grab the Sweet Strawberry bundle. Then you will be all set. Yes, it is two orders, and yes, it does add up – but you will be stocked up on your staple items AND earn a free package of patterned paper and the coordinating stamp set to complete the set.
To order any of these supplies, simply click on an image below. I ask that you use the host code listed below or double check and make sure my name is on your order throughout the ordering process. Not to sing a sad song, but there is a big glitch in the online ordering right now and I am not getting credit for sales from many of you that I know are thinking you are ordering through me. So please help me so I can provide you the customer service you expect from me.
Like Free Tutorials?
Click here to place your order with me and receive a bundle of six tutorials as a special thank you from me.
Current Host Code: 2C69K2PW
For orders over $150 placed through my store, don't use the hostess code, you will still get you free tutorials from me.
- This sweet card all starts with the paper and the Stitched With Whimsy dies. So we are going to use these dies to add stitching to two pieces. First will be the patterned paper (3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″) and then the Basic White piece (2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″).
- Add your patterned paper to a Basic White panel (4″ x 5-1/4″) and add that to a Basic White card base (4-1/4″ x 11″).
- Stamp your sentiment in your Granny Apple Green ink on your stitched Basic White piece. Add this to your card.
- Stamp your strawberries and stems onto scrap pieces of Basic White and punch them out.
- Assemble your strawberries (words I never thought I would say before) and add them to your card, I used Dimensionals behind my top strawberry.
- Finish with a bow tied using the 10 Second Bow Maker and your linen thread. Secure it as shown using a drop of liquid glue.
Just like that, your card is complete!!
Y'all Come Back Now, Ya Hear?
It's crazy to me that this blog has been running for over 13 years now. Even if I only shared one project a week (which most weeks is 3 projects), but even at 1 per week, that's over 670 project ideas. That's just insane. And you know why it's been going for over 13 years? Because of you! Because you come back and come back and come back. So keep it up – we make a great team! XOXO, Meg