Handmade Valentines Day Card
I can't wait to share this handmade Valentine's day card with you! It has all the elements I love – plaid, red & black, a bow, crumpled paper – and a fun edging that pulls it all together.
Let me share this awesome card with you:
The only thing is that you really can't see the depth and the edging in a photo. Make this card and you will see it all and feel all the fun texture for yourself.
- Start with your Real Red card base at 7-3/8″ x 5-1/2″, score it at 4-1/4″. This will leave the right side of your card 1-1/8″ shorter than the back of your card.
- Die cut the right hand side of your Basic White panel with your hearts border die – KEEP the parts that would normally go in the trash can. You will need these.
- Attach your large die cut panel to the front of your card, overhanging the red card stock on the front.
- Use liquid glue to add hearts to the inside of your card in the middle of your hearts – these are the pieces that would have gone in the trash.
- While that's drying, it's time to stamp, emboss, and die cut.
- Start by stamping your plaid heart and die cut it. Then line up your outline heart die and the dotted heart together on your Basic Black card stock and die cut these at the same time.
- Dry emboss your Crumb Cake piece (2-1/4″ x 3-1/4″) with the Old World Paper embossing folder.
- Wrap black and white twine around this dry embossed piece and adhere to your card.
- Add a Real Red piece of card stock (2″ x 2-1/4″) to your card with Dimensionals.
- Add your stamped and die cut hearts as shown.
- Next add your stamped sentiment on narrow strip of Basic White card stock with edges trimmed into banners.
- Finish with a bow tied from the same baker's twine and add with liquid glue.
As I said before, these edging dies are so awesome, but it's hard to share just how awesome in photos, you have to get this bundle for yourself.
Here is a list of all the supplies I used to create this card. To order any of these supplies, simply click on an image below. Use the host code shared below to earn free tutorials from me.
Like Free Tutorials?
Click here to place your order with me and receive a bundle of six tutorials as a special thank you from me.
Current Hostess Code: 2VSHTHRU
For orders over $150 placed through my store, don't use the hostess code, you will still get you free tutorials from me.
If you like this card, be sure to check out this project as well.
Now it's your turn to make this handmade Valentine's day card! You will be able to use these supplies year round for other occasions, as they are so versatile. I love it all and hope that you do too. Keep checking back for more card making ideas and inspiration. XOXO, Meg