Easy to Make Christmas Cards (that look hard)
Love easy to make Christmas cards that look harder than they are? This is one of these!
Ever need just the right patterned paper but don't have it, but instead you have a stamp that would the PERFECT background? Then it's time to make your own background paper! Here is the card we are making today:
There are things you can do to dress it up and make it more than “just a stamped background”.
Choose your perfect stamp! I chose Tag Buffet as my stamp set. This set goes along with with a tag kit, so many overlook this set and move on if they are not into making tags using a kit. But to me, this set is versatile for both cards and tags.
I went with this stamp set for the sentiment and for the stocking image.
You've seen the stamp set, so let's talk about the other supplies. The list is short and sweet. To add any of these fun supplies to your craft stash, simply click on an image below to order and have it delivered to your door.
Like Free Tutorials?
Click here to place your order with me and receive a bundle of six tutorials as a special thank you from me.
Current Hostess Code: 2VSHTHRU
For orders over $150 placed through my store, don't use the hostess code, you will still get you free tutorials from me.
- Start by stamping your stocking all over your Whisper White card stock.
- Color in your stockings with whatever colors work best for you. I used my Stampin' Blends so I could have a bit of shading but not too much.
- Then I took my Aqua Painter with some Whisper White craft ink and flecked it over the stockings. Doing this adds texture and makes it not as stark as having colored stockings on a crisp white background. It tones it down a bit.
- Then it's all about heat embossing your sentiment with Versamark ink and white embossing powder, then fussy cutting it out.
- Add some ribbon and twine behind your sentiment and add to your card front.
- Secure all this stamped awesomeness to a red card base.
And you might be thinking at this point that the coloring takes way to long. To color all of these images took me less than 5 minutes. It's another one of those things that looks like it takes forever and a day, but really only takes a few minutes. So don't be scared off by the amount of coloring.
Now it's your turn to make this fun card. Get your supplies ordered and get ready for a fun afternoon of crafting! This card is just a super fun one that doesn't take a lot of supplies or layers – just straight up joy 🙂
Thank you so much for stopping by today! Be sure to keep checking in for more handmade cards ideas. We love being your one stop shop for card making ideas and supplies, and love sharing easy to make Christmas cards that look much harder than they really are. XOXO, Meg