Flower Card Making Ideas
Who doesn't love flower card making ideas? If you've been stamping for more than a hot second, then you surely have some flower stamp sets. But then it begs the question…
Can we really ever have too many flower stamp sets?
I don't think we can! While I love sets that are all flowers – I really like ones like the Hoot Hoot Hooray stamp set. It's so versatile, but you might not even know this stamp set exists!
This set was released in 2019, but not in the annual catalog or in a mini catalog – it came out in a getting started brochure, aimed at brand new stampers. Why brand new stampers? Because when you first start, versatility is KEY! But fast forward 20 years and sets like these are still my favorites.
AND you can make them even more versatile! Let me show you this set so you can see it and then I will explain more…
At first glimpse, you have stamps for 6 different occasions, right? But actually, with this one trick the possibilities are endless…
Cut your sentiment away from the image, or lay a Post It Note/Washi Tape/Painter's Tape/Post It Tape over the words when you go to ink up your image.
By doing that, you can now pair any sentiment with this stamp set! Think about this, that rocking horse is also perfect for a boys birthday card. The flower works with Mother's Day. The rain cloud can be a get well soon card. The owl is a perfect thank you. The stars can work with thinking of you and the cupcakes can be perfect for an anniversary card. I can't tell you how many times I have used this set, I know I have used it well over 20 times since I got it.
For those of us that have stamped for a while and dove into the wonderful world of Stampin Blends, then this set is perfect for your blends too! (If you haven't, NOW is the time with Sale-a-Bration going on!)
Today we are going to take all that we talked about above and make this stunning card:
Just like a recipe, let's start by going over the “ingredients”…
To order any supplies, simply click on an image below.
Like Free Tutorials?
Click here to place your order with me and receive a bundle of six tutorials as a special thank you from me.
Current Host Code: BVH43XA2
For orders over $150 placed through my store, don't use the hostess code, you will still get you free tutorials from me.
- To start this card, ink up your stamp (and be sure to either cut away your sentiment or use something listed above to cover up your sentiment) in Crumb Cake ink, (if you are using a cover, remove it) and stamp it at the bottom of your Crumb Cake card stock.
- Repeat three more times.
- Clean your stamp and stamp again in Tuxedo Black ink onto a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock and cut out.
- Color in your flower with Daffodil Delight Stampin Blends and Real Red Stampin Blends.
- Layer Real Red, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White rectangles together and add them to your stamped Crumb Cake piece.
- Wrap Baker's Twine around your card three times and secure tails on the backside.
- Tie a bow using Baker's Twine and your 10 Second Bow Maker. Add to card with liquid glue or a glue dot.
- Add this entire panel to your Whisper White card base.
- Finish by adding your colored flower onto your card using Dimensionals.
And if you are looking for more flower card making ideas, be sure to check this one out.
Now it's your turn. I highly doubt that this stamp set will carry over into the next catalog, so be sure to grab it while you can! And if you are looking for more flower card making ideas be sure to stay tuned to our blog for more inspiration! XOXO, Meg