OK, get ready because I am sharing a favorite of mine – it's the Happy Halloween Bat Card!!! I so love this project and can't wait to share it with you!
It's starts really with the patterned paper. It's this stunning pattern that I wish I had 800 sheets of! (and for my English loving friends, yes, I just ended that sentence with a preposition!)
Let me show you this paper:
I will be the first to admit that I don't love all the paper. I really like about half of the package. And that's my test when I go to buy patterned paper packages. If I can see myself using half of the patterns, I am good to go. I know that I can use the other half to make envelopes, make 3D projects, and then I usually see a project that inspires me with the other paper.
This is the pattern that I am cuckoo for cocoa puffs over is this pattern.
See how pretty it is? LOVE IT!!! I have a plan to use it as an anniversary card, I think it would be stunning!
But for today, we are using it to make a Halloween card.
Here is the adorable project we will be making today! We will do some cutting, heat embossing, and adding one of my favorite items – vellum!
Before we get into the making, here is a list of supplies that I used to make this card. I think it's best to cover those, like a recipe, we need to see the ingredients, right?
To order any of the supplies, simply click on an image or link below.
For orders over $150 placed through my store, don't use the hostess code, you will still get you free tutorials from me. Also, if you don't get your tutorials, make sure in your Stampin Up store profile that you haven't selected the option to not allow the demonstrator to contact you. If that is checked, even if you use the code, I can't see your name/email, nuttin' – so I don't know where to send your tutorials.
- Attach your patterned paper (4″ x 5-1/4″) to the front of your Basic Black card base (4-1/4″ x 11″).
- Start by stamping your bats onto Whisper White card stock in Tuxedo Black ink and either fussy cut them out or use your Scan N Cut. Then color them in with your Light Smoky Slate Blend.
- Swipe your Embossing Buddy across your Basic Black cards stock strip.
- Stamp your sentiment in Versamark ink onto your Basic Black strip then heat emboss with white embossing powder and your Heat Tool.
- Cut off the card stock strip on an angle as shown.
- Before you add your sentiment layer to your card, line up your vellum on your card front and “practice place” your sentiment. Use adhesive on the back side of your vellum where your sentiment layer will be, so that we don't see the unsightly adhesive through your vellum 🙂 Attach your vellum and your sentiment layer.
- Repeat the “practice place” with your bats and slide a glue dot under your vellum using the pointy end of your Take Your Pick tool.
- Use Dimensionals to attach your bats to your card!
That's all there is my friends! LOVE this card. I just love the patterned paper with the vellum, with the heat embossing – just a winning combo!
Pin It For Later
If you think this is a winning card, be sure to pin it for later!
Thank you so much for stopping by! We will be wrapping up Halloween very soon, I hope you have enjoyed the ideas so far for this year as well as the others that are coming. Have an amazing day and I will see you soon! XOXO, Meg