Birds of A Feather Christmas Card
Today we are making a Birds of A Feather Christmas card. I love this stamp set as it's versatile for different holidays – and it's ridiculously cute! Let me share this stamp set with you so you can see for yourself.
Birds of a Feather Stamp Set
Look at the great images and the great sentiments, I personally like how they mixed the fonts for the sentiments and the fonts they chose. It's a set of 10 and it's only $21, so just a smidge over $2 a piece. I'm not using the sentiments for this card though because I wanted a shorter sentiment.
Birds of A Feather Christmas Card
Now let's take a look at the Christmas card we are using with it for our project today:
I can't wait to share with you how to make it, let's start with our supplies…
To make this card, you will need the following supplies. To order any of these, simply click on an image below.
For orders over $150 placed through my store, don't use the hostess code, you will still get you free tutorials from me. Also, if you don't get your tutorials, make sure in your Stampin Up store profile that you haven't selected the option to not allow the demonstrator to contact you. If that is checked, even if you use the code, I can't see your name/email, nuttin' – so I don't know where to send your tutorials.
Step By Step Instructions
- Dry emboss a piece of Whisper White card stock (4″ x 5-1/4″) using the Stylish Scroll embossing folder. Add this dry embossed piece to your Real Red card base (4-1/4″ x 11″).
- Die cut different size circles using your Layering Circles dies and your Real Red, Balmy Blue, and Old Olive card stock. Attach these to your card base.
- Start by stamping your cute Christmas chick and either cut it out by hand or use your ScanNCut.
- Then use the new (and awesome!) Shimmery Crystal Effects and apply it to the two parts of the Santa hat.
- Then dunk your image with your wet Shimmery Crystal Effects into your Glitter.
- While that's drying, color your Santa hat with your Real Red Stampin' Blends.
- Color your beak and star with your Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends.
- Finish your bird by adding some quick highlights using your Pool Party Stampin' Blends.
- Add your colored chick to your card using Dimensionals.
- Stamp your sentiment in Real Red ink onto Whisper White card stock and cut apart. Make your “Merry Christmas” into a banner by trimming each end.
- Secure your sentiment to your card.
That's all there is to make this card. And then you can take this same idea and use it for the other holidays in the stamp set. This idea will work for all four of the images in the Birds of a Feather stamp set.
Now it's your turn to make this card. Get your supplies ordered now and then get to crafting! THEN it's time to upload it to your gallery in Stamping Family! Stamping Family is the most amazing, small and personal membership site that I started over 6 years ago. Each member has her own gallery that she can upload her projects to for the other members to see and comment on. It's a lot of fun, there are over 500 videos that are exclusive to Stamping Family. AND we are making huge changes in the site this month as we dive into our 7th year! Here is a hint, get in now while you can! Head over to Stamping Family and become our newest family member!
Be sure to pin this project to your favorite card making board on Pinterest.
See You Soon
Lots of ideas headed your way here on the blog and also in the I Teach Stamping newsletter. Don't miss a single idea! See you soon 🙂 XOXO, Meg