Adorable Coffin Treat Boxes
Today we are making an adorable coffin treat boxes! Adorable and coffin aren't usually used in the same sentence, but as we go on, you will see why they are a perfect fit!
One of my favorite items in the Holiday catalog this year are the Coffin Treat Boxes! They are the perfect size to hold little treats and the possibilities on how you can decorate them are endless.
Before we go any further, let me share our project with you.
Adorable Coffin Treat Boxes
Here is the coffin treat box we are making today:
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the stamp set we are using with it. It's called Birds of a Feather. Let me show you this fun and versatile stamp set we are using.
See how you can use this set for all the different seasons? Not only are these guys cute, they are fun to color in with either your markers or your Stampin' Blends.
To make our coffin treat boxes today, you will need the following supplies. Many of these items are new, and items like the coffin treat boxes normally sell out quickly as the catalog released on Sept 4th, so we really only have about 6 weeks to grab our Halloween supplies, so these tend to go quickly.
To order any of these items, simply click on an image below.
For orders over $150 placed through my store, don't use the hostess code, you will still get you free tutorials from me. Also, if you don't get your tutorials, make sure in your Stampin Up store profile that you haven't selected the option to not allow the demonstrator to contact you. If that is checked, even if you use the code, I can't see your name/email, nuttin' – so I don't know where to send your tutorials.
I also used my Brother Scan N Cut to cut out the duck. If you don't have one, this is my referral link for it through Amazon. I think the stamp sets that have coordinating dies are much faster and easier to use, but not all stamp sets come with coordinating dies, and the Birds of A Feather is one of those. So having a Scan N Cut saves me a TON of fussy cutting.
Now it's time to talk about how to make these coffin treat boxes. They are really simple!
- The first thing we want to do is make a template for our top layer of our coffin treat box. To do that, take the lid of your coffin box and fold in all the flaps. Trace this onto Whisper White card stock. Then cut inside that line about 1/8″. You can do that with either scissors or your paper trimmer.
- Stamp your sentiment in Pumpkin Pie ink onto your just cut out coffin topper.
- Wrap some black twine around this layer and secure to the top of your coffin lid.
- On an extra piece of Whisper White, stamp your duck in Tuxedo Black ink. Cut out with either your scissors or your Scan N Cut.
- Color in your cutie patooty pirate duck using your Stampin' Blends.
- Add your duck to a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock and then use Dimensionals to attach to your boxes.
- Use Mini Glue Dots to assemble your coffin treat boxes on the tabs around the box.
- Fill with treats and you are done!
These coffin treat boxes are so awesome! They are only $7 and you get 12 in a set AND they are food safe! Think of which little trick or treaters you can give these adorable gifts to and then order your supplies. And remember, you can do so much more than use them as treat holders. Think about making these boxes into garland – that would look stunning! Like this project? Don't miss this one!!
Pin It For Later
Be sure to pin this image if you are a Pinterest user 🙂
See You Soon
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed these adorable Coffin Treat Boxes and that you will be delighting someone soon with one of these. More crafting ideas headed your way 🙂 XOXO, Meg