Handmade Card With To A Wild Rose
Today we are making a handmade card with To A Wild Rose stamp set. We are using one of my favorite color combos to do it also 🙂
Here is the project we will be making today. Read on for tips to go along with it.
Step By Step Instructions
Here are the step by step instructions to making this handmade card with To A Wild Rose stamp set.
- Stamp your circle from the Shapes stamp set in Bermuda ink along the side of a piece of Whisper White (4″ x 5-1/4″).
- Squeeze your Old Olive ink pad tight so that you are transferring ink onto the inside of the lid of your ink pad. Pick up ink from the lid using your Aqua Painter. Hold it over your Whisper White card stock and flick ink downward creating your spray.
- Stamp the outline of your ink leaf in Old Olive ink.
- Stamp the inside of your leaf in Pear Pizzazz ink.
- Punch out your leaf using a 2-1/4″ Circle Punch.
- Stamp “hello” in Bermuda Bay ink onto a piece of Whisper White (2-1/8″ x 3/4″).
- Create a banner on one end of your Old Olive strip of card stock (7/8″ x 3-1/4″), also a Bermuda Bay strip (3/4″ x 3″), and then on your stamped “hello” piece.
- Assemble your card as shown, your card base is Bermuda Bay (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″).
- Finish with Pearls and a bow tied in Linen Thread.
TIP #1: When doing your ink spray, start with your Aqua Painter way high up, like a foot above your card stock. This will give you a finer mist. As you move closer to your card stock the ink will fall in larger droplets. I like to have a good mix of fine drops and larger drops.
TIP #2: Don't be really concerned with the size of your banners. This is a great time to use up scraps!
To recreate this card, here is a list of supplies you will need. To order any of these supplies, simply click on an image below. I have listed the stamp set we are using as well as the bundle. We won't be using the dies on this card, but I love them and if you can get them as a bundle and save a bit, why not?
For orders over $150 placed through my store, don't use the hostess code, you will still get you free tutorials from me. Also, if you don't get your tutorials, make sure in your Stampin Up store profile that you haven't selected the option to not allow the demonstrator to contact you. If that is checked, even if you use the code, I can't see your name/email, nuttin' – so I don't know where to send your tutorials.
Now it's your turn to make this card! Get your supplies ordered and be sure check out this project using To A Wild Rose and also this one. This stamp set just keeps giving and giving with all the amazing techniques and layouts you can use it for.
See You Soon
Keep checking back in for more stamping ideas and card making projects! With the annual catalog still fairly new and the holiday catalog on the horizon, there is so much to share with you! XOXO, Meg