Handmade Congratulations Card
Today I am sharing a current favorite of mine, a handmade congratulations card. I love the colors on this card so very much. Before we move onto the card, let's chat about these colors really quick.
I am using Lemon Lime Twist and Blueberry Bushel. I LOVE greens and blues together.
Lemon Lime Twist is the one that gets the spotlight today. It is scheduled to retire with the next catalog, and on April 15th the retiring list for the current catalog is published. This color should be on that list. The ink pad, marker, ink refill, ribbons, card stock, all of it. Every year people wait until that list goes live and then are so sad when they don't get the retiring in color items.
If you love this color as much as I do, stock up now! Get the ink refill, grab the ribbon, stock up on card stock – get it all while you can! You can order all your items here.
Now that we have talked about the colors, let me share the card with you:
I love so much about this card, let me go over the details with you.
Here is a list of all the supplies I used. To order any of these, simply click on a picture below. You will be ordering from me and I will be able to send you a thank you card 🙂
Here are the measurements for all the pieces:
- Whisper White: 4-1/4″ x 11″; 3-1/2″ x 2-7/8″
- Lemon Lime Twist: 3-1/8″ x 3-5/8″; 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″
- Blueberry Bushel Patterned Paper: 3-3/8″ x 4-1/4″
The Making Of This Handmade Congratulations Card
- Start this card by cutting all the card stock to the sizes above.
- Attach your patterned paper to the larger piece of Lemon Lime Twist card stock, but not centered, you want the patterned paper flush to the right side.
- Attach to your Whisper White card base flush to the right.
- Stamp your base layer of Hooray in Lemon Lime Twist and the polka dot overlay stamp in Blueberry Bushel ink.
- Stamp your circles and dots around your sentiment being sure to go off the edge.
- Layer onto your other Lemon Lime Twist piece flush to the left side of your green card stock.
- Attach flush to the left on your card base.
- Glue narrow Blueberry Bushel ribbon to the middle of the Lemon Lime Twist ribbon, about 3 inches long and secure to your card front as shown.
- Tie a small bow in Blueberry Bushel ribbon and attach to your card with a glue dot.
**If you struggle at all with tying bows, be sure to grab a 10 Second Bow Maker here.
Now It's Your Turn
This card can be used for so many occasions, it was initially made for a baby shower. But you can use it for so many things! Order your supplies, especially your Lemon Lime Twist items while you still can. Then carve out some time for creating as soon as your supplies arrive. Grab a coffee or glass of wine and get to creating! If you are a member of Stamping Family, you can share your creation in the gallery so we can all see it.
Pin It For Later
Want to easily find this card again? Simply pin it to your I Teach Stamping with Meg board so you can easily find it again.
See You Soon
Keep checking back for more card making projects! I have been creating up a storm here lately and can't wait to share it all with you! I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this handmade congratulations card and I will see you in the next project. Hugs, Meg