SWEET Handmade Birthday Card
Need a SWEET Handmade Birthday Card? One of my favorite bundles from Stampin' Up!'s Occasions catalog is the Sweetest Thing Bundle – you can use it for so many different occasions. Let's take a look at the bundle:
The Finished Card
For today's project, we are making a birthday card. And it's one that you can use for both girls and boys.
Here is a list of supplies you will need to create this project. To order any of the supplies, simply click on a picture below!
- Whisper White: 4-1/4″ x 11″; 4″ x 5-1/4″; 3/4″ x 2-1/4″; 2-1/2″ x 3-7/8″
- Granny Apple Green: 3″ x 4-3/8″ (Finished die cut size); scrap
- Coastal Cabana: scrap
- Gorgeous Grape: scrap
- How Sweet It Is Patterned Paper: 3-3/4″ x 2-3/8″
The tag that we are added to our card is from the Sweet Pins & Tags. These tags are different in that the edges are iridescent foil – so the edges resist ink. I used a sponge dauber on the tag with Daffodil Delight ink.
Then on a strip of Whisper White card stock, stamp your sentiment that is from the same stamp set in Melon Mambo ink. Cut off each end to make a banner and attach to your tag.
The Die Cutting & Dry Embossing
Dry emboss your Whisper White (4″ x 5-1/4″) panel with your Subtle embossing folder. It's just a little difference but will give you a wonderful outcome.
For your die cutting, you will want to die cut a stitched rectangle in Granny Apple Green. Also, grab scraps of Granny Apple Green, Gorgeous Grape and Coastal Cabana and three of your candy dies to create our calorie free candies – I'm looking out for all of you that have New Year's Resolutions to cut down on calories 🙂
All that's left to do is the assembly. Let's do this!
- Adhere your dry embossed Whisper White panel to your Whisper White card base.
- Secure your three rectangle pieces together, your green, white and patterned paper.
- Wrap a strip of ribbon around these layers securing the tails to the back side.
- Adhere all these layers to your card base.
- Slide your ribbon under your attached ribbon and tie in a single knot.
- Add your sentiment layer to your tag and then add your candy on top.
- Use a pin from the Sweet Pins and Tags and pin it through your ribbon knot.
- Use Dimensionals behind your tag to help secure it to your card.
Your Turn to Make this SWEET Handmade Birthday Card!
Now it's your turn to get to making a sweet handmade birthday card! To get going on these, start by ordering your supplies and while they are shipping to you make sure to carve out some time on your calendar to get crafty 🙂 You can always come back here to go back over the dimensions and instructions, but I have also provided you with a pin for all my Pinterest loving fans!
Pin It For Later
Tip – start a Pinterest board specifically for projects that you have ordered supplies for. There is nothing like finding an idea, ordering products, and then losing the inspiration project!
Come Back Soon Y'all!
Thank you so much for checking in today for this sweet handmade birthday card! There are so many projects planned for you using these supplies. Some are headed to the blog, some are already loaded in Papercrafting Triple Play, and some are planned for Stamping Family. Lots of things you can do with this versatile bundle! You won't regret having it. See you soon with the next project! – Meg