Stampin Up Making Christmas Bright
There is a fun bundle in the 2018 Holiday Catalog from Stampin Up Making Christmas Bright. It's a great one, with a punch completing the bundle instead of dies.
In today's post, I will share with you how to make the card, and even include in a pricing guide to help you know exactly what you need to order to make either 48 or 96 of this card for a very, very reasonable price!
Let me show you this bundle first:
For today, we aren't using the punch, just the stamp set. Over the next few weeks, I will share projects that do use the punch – as well as in my newsletters. Just today's doesn't.
This card is one that you can make in just a handful of minutes, and since you won't need a lot of embellishments, just little touches, this card is very economical to make and send this year.
To order any of these supplies, simply click on the images below.
- Whisper White: 4″ x 5-1/4″; 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
- Real Red: 4-1/4″ x 11″
- Burlap Ribbon: 3″
Step By Step Instruction
- Stamp strings of stars vertically in Daffodil Delight ink several times in bottom right side of your Whisper White 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel. Secure to your Real Red card base.
- Stamp your wreath in Granny Apple Green ink on your Whisper White square.
- Stamp “may your Christmas be” sentiment in Granny Apple Green near the top of your stamped wreath.
- Stamp “bright” in Real Red ink below.
- Stamp stars around your wreath in both Daffodil Delight and Real Red inks (clean before changing colors)
- Punch out wreath using 2-1/4″ Circle punch.
- Apply regular adhesive behind punched circle. Make loops with Copper Thread and press it into your adhesive.
- Secure Burlap Ribbon strip behind your circle.
- Use Dimensionals to attach your circle piece to your card.
- Finish by adding Metallic Pearls to your card. Your Take Your Pick tool will be a great help – and feel free to use both the gold and silver pearls.
Now It's Your Turn!
Remember how I said this was a very economical card to make? Let me show you! This assumes your have acrylic blocks and inks and regular adhesive 🙂
- Real Red Card Stock: $8.50/24 sheets = 48 card bases
- Whisper White Card Stock: $9.75/40 sheets = 12 sheets for your card panel plus 4 sheets for your circles
- Burlap Ribbon: $7.00/5 yards – you should get 60 3″ strips from this
- Copper Thread: $3.50/50 yards – more than enough!
- Metallic Pearls: $7/242 = enough for 80 cards
- Dimensionsals: $4.00/300 = each card needs 3, so you have enough for 100 cards
- Bundle Price: $35 – we are only using the stamp set, so if you don't think you will use the coordinating punch, then your stamp set is just $21. But for the sake of math, I will go with the bundle.
So add all that up and your total is $74.75 to make 48 cards = $1.56/card!
What if you want to make more?
Add another package of Real Red card stock, Metallic Pearls, Burlap Ribbon, & Copper Thread = $26 for an additional 48 cards – making your additional 48 only $.54 each!
Be sure to use the links above to order the supplies you need to make these cards. With the Hallmark Channel doing it's movie marathons, you can make all these cards in a weekend while watching your favorite movies!
Pin this image to help you easily find it on your boards later. Here is a graphic that is perfectly sized for Pinterest 🙂
Thank you so much for joining us today. If you like this project and you want to see more like it, be sure to get on my mailing list! Especially now because we just kicked off the 12 Weeks of Christmas! It's free to join the list and you will be the first to find out about everything 🙂 Simply click here.
Stay tuned to the blog for more creative inspiration! See you soon 🙂