Stampin Up Party Pandas
Do you love the new Stampin Up Party Pandas stamp set as much as I do? This is a 2018 Sale-a-Bration item, meaning you can't purchase it, it is only a gift with a $50 purchase – and as I always say…. Free Stamps Stamp Better 🙂
This adorable set of 7 sets comes in both wood mount and clear mount. It has three precious pandas on it that are clearly looking to party, along with three sentiments and a little “sprinkle” stamp too.
I knew I had to have this set the second I saw it, it makes me think of my daughter and her friend Kendelle. Emily has these crazy, fuzzy, warm, snuggly panda pjs. Long sleeve and full length pants envelope her in snuggly heaven when she wears them. She gets so excited to put them on and talks and talks and talks about it before she goes upstairs to change into them. It's the most sweet thing ever, I hope she never forgets the joy that is found in the simplicity of snuggly pjs!
Her friend Kendelle is just a panda freak with a birthday in a few days. Of course I HAVE to make a card for her with this set! (Shh… don't tell her but for her b'day I ordered the supplies she needs to make more cards with these same supplies as the card below that I will eventually get around to sharing with you – and I was able to get another of these stamp sets for free (there isn't a limit to the order of each that you can redeem). She will be one very happy creative panda card making fool in just under a week 🙂
Here is the actual card that I made for her using the Stampin Up Party Pandas set…
To make this card is simple – like cray, cray simple.
For the detailed coloring, you do have a couple of options. You can use your In Color markers – provided you can find them. If you can't, like me, you can use Blender Pens. Blender Pens are not my favorite (and aren't to be mixed up with Stampin' Blends) but they got the job done…. well… kinda…
I didn't care for the way my balloon turned out after coloring it in with my Blender Pen and my Lemon Lime Twist ink. So I opted to stamp the balloon section of the stamp in black ink onto Lemon Lime Twist card stock and fussy cut the balloon out.
Pick whichever option works for you 🙂
I follow a pattern when I am making cards. I like to start with the supplies that I can move out of my way when I am done to make more room for future messes!
The steps for this card:
- Gather supplies. (all the supplies are listed on the table below – each image is a link to my online store should you want to order any of these awesome supplies.
- Cut card stock to the following measurements listed below.
- Attach narrow strip of patterned paper (3/4″ x 5-1/4″) near the bottom of your Whisper White (4″ x 5-1/4″) panel, then adhere Whisper White panel to the inside of your card base.
- Dry emboss your Berry Burst card stock (4″ x 5-1/4″) using the fabulous Scattered Sequins embossing folder. Secure this onto your Basic Black card base (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″).
- Stamp your sentiment in Berry Burst ink in the middle of your strip of Whisper White card stock (1-3/4″ x 5-1/4″).
- Layer this piece onto your remaining patterned paper panel (try saying that three times fast!) (2-1/4″ x 5-1/4″) and then secure these layers onto your card front.
- Stamp your pandas in Tuxedo Black ink onto extra pieces of Whisper White card stock.
- Color in the hat and the balloon ** or do as I suggested above.
- Hand cut out your adorable Pandas. (for tips on Fussy Cutting, click here)
- Attach your pandas to your card front using Dimensionals.
Kendelle will go bamboo over this card! (bananas just didn't seem to fit)
Who do you know that would love getting this card in the mail? If you can think of several people, then for sure this is a stamp set you need in your arsenal of stamps! You can mix and match it with so many different sentiments like I did or you can use the ones that are included in the set – regardless, the Stampin Up Party Pandas is sure to be a set you keep for a very long time.
Here is the promised list of supplies for this card.
To order any of them, simply click on an image below. I love the opportunity to earn your business with every project I share!
Here are some additional pictures of this project so that you can really see the details:
The Fussy Cutting with the Lemon Lime Twist Card Stock:
Check out all the coloring:
Here is another angle of it:
Looking for more birthday card ideas? Be sure to watch this video.
Thank you so much for joining me for today's project using the Stampin Up Party Pandas – more ideas to come, I have been creating up a storm for you! See you soon!