Stampin' Up! Catalog 2021 HITS!
Today I just have to share with you the things I think are the TOP TEN Stampin' Up Catalog 2021 hits that I do NOT want you to miss. I honestly think the catalogs are getting better and better every year, with more attention to how, you, the fabulous stampers of the world, can get the most out of this gorgeous book of inspiration.
This is a long post so grab yourself a deep cup of coffee or tea or a tall glass of something refreshing and get comfy – let's DISH!
Let's get started!
1. Bundles – There are 34 – yes thirty-four! – bundles in this book! Some stamp sets come bundled with punches and some with dies and they are ALL smart, fun and economical – you save 10% – ways to build your supplies in thoughtful ways. Take, for instance the Pattern Play Bundle shown below:
They've taken those cute, always needed, all-over pattern builders and paired them with ADORABLE little letters! The letters are 3/4″ tall and are PERFECT for cards! And when you buy the stamp set and the dies together – did you notice? Just $45!
And then I have to show you another one that I LURVE – look at this:
So the greetings are nice – not go nuts over but I like the fonts and the non-specific ones for those cards when you have to say something but don't really know what. But check out the die set – it makes endless varieties of plaid! Seriously? Plaid is HOT and these dies make it ridiculously easy. Watch for this to pop up in my projects 'cause I love it!
2. Suites – There are TEN suites in this book. If you haven't experienced suites, hold onto your cushions. Suites are a very beautifully curated collection of products that are intended to work together to make crafting easier yet so gorgeously complete that you can't help but be a master card maker when you use one. From stamps to dies to punches to paper, to embellishments, these suites cover it all. Like the entire lineup? Order with one item number. Want just the stamps and dies? Get the bundle? Want to swap out your own ideas of accompaniments? Just get what you want.
3. The New In-Colors – I have to say, I LOVE these colors! They are spot on trend, are bold and bright without being neon and they work so well with so many other colors already in the Stampin' Up! collection. I am pretty much dying over the fact that they have a killer-awesome ribbon in every color and Stampin' Blends in all but one color. I honestly think people are going to flip over them!
4. Extra help in the catalog – this year, Stampin' Up! has added a couple of handy features in the catalog that make it SO much easier to reproduce the projects you see that you just fall in love with. They've made great use of a new feature where they list the Color Palette they used to create many of the examples so you can see how old and new colors mix so well and can be sure to order the right shade.
They've also added little call-out boxes called “Shop the Project” where they list items that they used on samples that you either might have missed or not realized they used to get such good results. I personally love this because when I am teaching or hosting club, I don't have to reinvent the wheel so neither will you!
And they are such good doobies – they've added lots and LOTS of little tips all throughout the whole book. From masking to alignment to creative suggestions, I keep seeing things that I put a sticky note on because they are great suggestions.
5. My Favorite Stampin' Up! Catalog 2021 Designer Series Paper – hands down, In Good Taste
OMG – these photographic images and yummy textures are going to be EVERYWHERE. This is the absolute perfect paper for any project and I am going to bet that this is going to be in extremely high demand.
6. My Favorite Bundle – as I mentioned above I am in love with the Pattern Play Bundle. I am also totally digging the Lovely You Bundle because that stamp set has some gorgeous greetings and that new label punch system is a massive problem solver. You know I love tools that do more than one thing and this punch does, like, SIX jobs in one.
7. Embossing Folders – look, you know I love them. They add instant visual interest to any project, they are economical and you get a lot of impact with just one spin through your cutter. I cannot wait to use my Old World Paper 3D Embossing Folder because it adds an aged but not wrecked wrinkled texture just like – you got it! – old paper. I am also eyeing Dainty Diamonds! Oh, who am I kidding, you know I am going to end up with all the new ones…….
8. New Stampin' Up! Catalog 2021 Dies – Ohmigosh – there's a die set here I NEVER would have seen if it weren't at the top of the page. On page 176 (and below) you can see Hippo & Friends, designed to go with the Hippo Happiness stamp set. I think that stamp set is adorable, not one I would normally go for but just LOOK at all those FABULOUS shapes in the die set! ACK! Right? And the Ornate Layers set on the opposite page is going to much such fast work of layering! OK, that's a twofer (Notice a theme? I can't stick to just one favorite!).
9. Greeting Sets – So here's why I love greeting sets so much. You can have the most random image, colors, embellishments, etc that together make the perfect card. Then all you need is a greeting. I always feel like with the perfect greeting, ANY card can be the “perfect” card. So I am totally in love with one set in particular and that's A Grand Kid on page 97.
Do you see that only three of the stamps are grandkid related? And that the rest are pretty awesome?
That's my roundup of my top
ten eleven favorite things from the Stampin' Up! Catalog 2021 – get yours out, make your wishlist and get your order in before everyone goes nuts!