Simple Handmade Cards For Friends
Simple handmade cards for friends are something I am needing in my card stack here lately, I don't know if you do too. BUT if you do, try this one for sure! (Sorry Karen, I know I owe you a Thank You card still from Christmas – ack!!)
Before we go further, keep in mind that this is part II of a card idea I recently shared here. With very similar supplies and the same color palette, here are two ideas really in one.
What we are really doing is making our own backgrounds. That's something we have been focusing a lot on here recently in Stamping Family. With just a few ideas shared there, it's been so much fun to see what the members are doing with the ideas like this one.
We are focusing on one particular stamp set, one that I think is often overlooked. It's the A Big Thank You stamp set, I use it a ton, but have noticed that not many of my stampers have purchased it. And I am not sure why. It's very versatile and fun! Check it out:
As we make this card, also keep in mind that there really aren't any fancy tools used, the biggest accessory used are brads, so this makes an easy card to mass produce too!
Here is the card we are making:
Just like a recipe, let's go over the supplies (“ingredients”) you will need to make this card…
To order any supplies, simply click an image below.
For orders over $150 placed through my store, don't use the hostess code, you will still get you free tutorials from me. Also, if you don't get your tutorials, make sure in your Stampin Up store profile that you haven't selected the option to not allow the demonstrator to contact you. If that is checked, even if you use the code, I can't see your name/email, nuttin' – so I don't know where to send your tutorials.
The Creating of Simple Handmade Cards for Friends
- To make this card, start with a piece of Whisper White card stock (4″ x 5-1/4″) and stamp your flower image using the ink pads listed above.
- Add a strip of Daffodil Delight across your stamped panel, using adhesive only on each end.
- Then stamp your sentiment onto Whisper White card stock and trim two corners to make your tag.
- Fold a piece of Melon Mambo card stock over the end of your tag and use a brad to secure it in place.
- Tie white baker's twine though your Melon Mambo and under your Daffodil Delight panel (this is why you only want adhesive on each end).
- Secure your tag to your panel.
- Add entire panel to Whisper White card base (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2) and you are done!
Like this card and easily want to find it again? Pin this picture below 🙂
If you like this idea and want to do more of making your own backgrounds, be sure to check out Stamping Family! Another video on creative backgrounds was just added to the site, making it video number #541! And when you sign up, you get access to all the videos right now 🙂
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you are inspired to make simple handmade cards for friends this week! Give this idea a try 🙂 Check back soon for more card making ideas! XOXO, Meg