Simple and Cute Handmade Card
Today we are making a simple and cute handmade card using the Hinge Stamping Technique. We are starting with one of my favorite stamps – it's from the Butterfly Gala stamp set and I love the stamp that says “a little note”. Not only is it such a great phrase for everyday cards, but it is also in the cutest font!
Here is that stamp set:
There are several stamp platforms on the market, and I have used them all. The one I have kept is the Stamparatus. The thing that makes it so unique from the other platforms are the hinges on the plates. The hinges make the plates removable but also allow for such a fun technique called hinge stamping.
To do this, you place your stamp on your platform and then move the platform down one hinge at a time to restamp. You can see a full tutorial on this right here.
So we are taking that technique and using our sentiment from the Butterfly Gala stamp set. Here is our project:
I used four ink pads to do this, Flirty Flamingo, Calypso Coral, Old Olive and Coastal Cabana.
Step By Step Instructions
- Start by dry embossing a piece of Flirty Flamingo card stock (4″ x 5-1/4″) in the Subtle Embossing Folder.
- Attach this piece to your Whisper White card stock (4-1/4″ x 11″).
- Secure a piece of vellum card stock (2-3/4″ x 4) to your card.
- Hinge stamp your sentiment in the four colors listed above onto a piece of Whisper White card stock (3″ x 4-5/8″).
- Wrap your Linen Thread around your stamped piece and tie off with a bow.
- Attach your stamped layer to your card base.
Here is a full list of the supplies that I used. To order these items, click on an image below.
Like this project and want to easily find it again after your supplies arrive? Here is an image just for your Pinterest Boards. Pin away my friends, pin away!
Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you are inspired to create today, whether it is this simple and cute handmade card or another project. My goal is to help keep you creating! Keep checking back for more projects. XOXO, Meg