Making Handmade Floral Thank You Cards
Today we are making handmade floral thank you cards that are sure to brighten the day of someone in your life. The best news is that these are really easy to make, regardless of your stamping/creating level.
For this project, I used some die cuts with my Big Shot, but I will also give you alternate suggestions in case you are newer to this craft and are still working on building up your craft stash 🙂
We will begin with me sharing the finished project, then we will cover the supplies, then the dimensions, and then the step by step instructions you will need to make your floral thank you cards.
I love the brightness of this project, from the patterned paper to the gingham ribbon, the die cuts to the sentiment. There are quite a few elements on this project you might not notice until we talk about them.
Let's take just a moment and go over the supplies that I am using, so you get a feel for the project. If you find that there are an item or two that you are wanting, simply click on an image below to order any of these goodies from me.
You don't need a lot of pieces of card stock or patterned paper, and you might be able to utilize some scraps of card stock you have laying around.
- Whisper White: 4-1/4″ x 11″ (scored at 5-1/2″); 2-1/4″ x 2-1/4″
- Calypso Coral: 2-1/4″ x 2-1/4″
- Call Me Clover: 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″
- Happiness Blooms Designer Series Paper: 4″ x 5-1/4″
Step By Step Instruction For Handmade Floral Thank You Cards
- Cut a piece of ribbon about 5″ in length and wrap it around your patterned paper about 2″ up from the bottom, securing your ribbon tails on the backside of your patterned paper. Adhere this layer to your Whisper White card base.
- Die cut your Call Me Clover piece using your Stitched Shapes dies, you want the finished size to be 2-1/8″ x 2-1/8″. (**If you don't have a Big Shot, you can simply cut your Call Me Clover down to the same size, you just won't have the die cut stitching.)
- Secure your square as shown on your card.
- Stamp your sentiment in Call Me Clover ink onto your Whisper White square.
- Die cut your sentiment layer using your Stitched Labels die cuts. (If you don't have a Big Shot, I would layer circles. I would cut this piece to 1-1/2″ circle.)
- Use your 1-3/4″ Circle Punch to punch out a Calypso Coral circle.
- Adhere these circles together and secure to your card using Dimensionals.
- Finish your project by tying a bow using the same gingham ribbon (this is where the 10 Second Bow Maker comes in handy!) Attach your bow using Glue Dots.
This project is really bright and fun based on the supplies we used. The color palette of the patterned paper does so much of the “work” for us. Because it is so bright and is a random pattern, all we need to do is bring the pop to the card. This is a card you can easily mass produce. With one package of that patterned paper, you will have enough of that pattern to make 12 cards!
So order your supplies, carve out your crafting time, grab a bottle of wine between now and then, and when your box and your crafting time arrive, think of the card making bliss you will experience! THEN, send me a picture of your card, I would LOVE to see it!
Want to save this project idea? Yea! Here is a graphic I made just for you then 🙂
See You Soon
This Friday there will be another blog post with a video, and can't wait to share that with you! Thank you so much for joining me for today's project that is all about making handmade floral thank you cards – see you in the next project! – Meg