For those of you who don't follow all the funny little “Day of” calendars, today is National Cocoa Day and I can't think of many things more comforting in the winter other than a steaming, rich, velvety cup of hot cocoa – marshmallows or not. And even though the Hug In A Mug stamp set was released in the Holiday Catalog and thus winter themed and PERFECT for a National Cocoa Day card, this stamp set is more than it appears.
In fact, not only is Hug in A Mug a perfect year- round set, this little powerhouse is the quintessential technique-a-palooza stamp set! First, take a look at all of its parts and pieces:
If you notice, aside of the candy cane and the pine tree, there isn't much about this set that says Holidays. And those greetings? I know that there have been pah-lenty of times I wished I could say “You Warm My Heart” to someone and – voila – here it is! Coffee, tea, matcha, chai, cocoa – discussions about and a passion for all of these beverages is still on the rise and since we all likely know someone who HAS to have that hot cup of SOMEthing to get started, it's very likely you will use this stamp set over and over.
So why do I say it's a stamp set that is so technique worthy? Ready? Here we go!
- This set is ideal for using masking. Even though it's photopolymer meaning you can easily “build” your images, you can use masking to create a whole row of mugs, add some of those giant marshmallows to a mug of cocoa or add a mug to another scene!
- This set is perfect for heat embossing. The bold, solid lined images mean you will get a beautiful glossy outline and watercoloring inside them is a dream if you want to bump it up a notch.
- You can use our new texture paste to add dimensional whipped cream or marshmallows to your card – it's stinkin' cute and makes you look like a maven with a couple of artful swipes.
- These images are perfect for watercoloring with any medium and especially the new Stampin' Blends – the images pop off the paper with the easy dimension created with shading.
- If you love using your stamp positioner whether it be the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, the MISTI or the new Stamparatus (did you reserve one yet?), this set is ideal for creating multiple versions using those nifty tools.
- You've heard of two step stamping – this set lets you do four or five or MORE step stamping because you can just build and build. I LOVE adding tons of little details and this set makes it ridiculously easy because it's done for you with the image add-ons.
- Do you love to fussy cut? If so, this set is for you! Hate fussy cutting? That's OK because due to all the detailing added by the little detail stamps, you don't have to “assemble” a scene to have a super cute card. WIN WIN!
If you don't already have this set and you want it, PLEASE PLEASE order it now! It is on the “while supplies last” list and once it's gone, it's GONE. It's NOT on the carryover list and traditionally if something doesn't make it on there, it's retired and we never see it again – sob. You won't be able to order it after Jan 3rd and we all know how we are after the holidays, right?
Think about all the people you know and what they love to drink as their comfort or kick start beverage. And then think about all the ways you could use this adorable stamp set to send them a hand stamped card. And then picture them opening that card and seeing that you know them so well you sent them something that really knocks 'em over. Be that person! YAY!
And however you “celebrate National Cocoa Day, be sure to carve out some time to make a card with Hug In A Mug 'cause that's what cocoa should feel like!